Nursery Home Learning
Activity ideas for Areas of Early Years
- Match numerals to correct quantities
- Show an interest in numbers and shapes in the environment (go on a shape and number hunt)
- Use positional language e.g. under, over, on, next to etc.
- Sharing games e.g. at snack time, share pieces of fruit between a group.
- Counting games
- Board games e.g. snakes and ladders.
- Storytelling- what may happen next in the story?
What would happen at the beginning and end?
Describe setting and characters.
Make up stories using toys
- Independently putting on shoes and clothes.
- Talking about keeping healthy
- Scissor skills
- Practise letter in the name
- Using knife and forks correctly.
- Toilet Training
Expressive Art and Design
- Singing songs, nursery rhymes.
- Tapping out the rhythm (using pots and pans)
- Colour mixing, recognising and sorting things by colour.
- Use a variety of different objects, including construction materials, to create a cave or a home for an animal.
- Talk about and find different textures in the environment.
- Junk Modelling
Communication and language
- Talk about people that help us and what they do.
- Listening games
Useful websites for Ideas:
Different activity ideas for nursery aged children: Nursery Activity Ideas
Number Jacks-https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=numberjacks Is all about excitement, fun and learning, thinking skills, problem solving and maths.