Ofsted and SIAS
OfSTED 2014 - Outstanding
summary judgement - OUTSTANDING
During our Ofsted inspection in January 2014 we were rated Outstanding in all areas. Ofsted stated that:
Teaching is never less that good and is often outstanding.
- The linking of letters and the sounds they make is particularly well taught and pupils quickly become confident readers.
- Mathematics is also taught very well: pupils have lots of opportunities to develop their confidence when working with practical resources.
- Pupils behave exceptionally well
- Pupils are extremely well looked after.
SIAMS 2014 - Statutory Inspection of Anglian and Methodist Schools - Outstanding
The latest SIAMS inspection of Chilworth School took place on the 7 May 2014 and the Inspector made the following comments:
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Chilworth Infant as a Church of England School are Outstanding
This is demonstrated by:
- The vision and commitment of the Headteacher, strongly supported by governors, in providing a stimulating and happy community that is rooted in Christian values.
- The excellent relationships cultivated by the whole team who model the school's Christian ethos and nurture pupils to flourish in their personal development, well-being and academic achievement.
- The impact of the creative curriculum, Religious Education and collective worship upon pupils’spiritual growth.
- The vibrant partnership with the churches and the community and the resulting benefit for pupils and their families.
A full copy of the Report is available from the School Office, or can be downloaded here.